Organic Sweet Orange Essential Oil
- Botanical Name: Citrus sinensis
- Country of Origin: South America
- Plant Part: Rind
- Distillation Method: Cold Pressed
- Cultivation: Certified Organic
100% pure Sweet Orange Essential Oils Certified Organically and naturally cultivated, cold pressed directly from the outer peels grown in South America.
About the plant
A relatively small evergreen tree, this variety of Orange tree is native to China yet is now widely cultivated in North America and the Mediterranean regions of Spain, Italy and France.
About the oil
Sweet Orange essential oil is the oil produced from the fruit of the orange tree.
- Sweet Orange essential oil is brightly fragrant, uplifting for the mind and the emotions.
Orange essential oil has been used for its calming, sedative effects and its anti-inflammatory actions. In Chinese medicine the dried sweet orange peel is used to fight coughs, & colds.
Therapeutic Properties Described in the Aromatherapy Literature
Antibacterial, Antidepressant, Anti-inflammatory, Antiseptic, Carminative, Choleretic, Digestive, Fungicidal, Hypotensive, Sedative (nervous system), Stimulant (digestive and lymphastic), Stomachic, Tonic.
- Calms heart palpitations
- Mild anti-coagulant
- Improves circulation
- Effective antidepressant
- Warming, uplifting and soothing
- Calms and balances the emotions
- Improves dull complexions
- Reduces redness and inflammation
Application and Use
- Monoterpenes 99.65%
- Monoterpenols 0.35%
- limonene 97.58%
- beta myrcene 1.43%
- alpha pinene 0.64%
- linalool 0.35%
- Genernally considered non-toxic, large amounts of Orange oil are not healthy to ingest or apply topically. In addition, it should not be applied to skin that will be exposed to direct sunlight, as it may cause heightened sensitivity.