Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- Botanical Name: Eucalyptus radiata
- Country of Origin: Australia
- Distillation Method: Steam
- Cultivation: Certified Organic
- 15mL Amber Glass Bottle
Organic Eucalyptus Essential Oil100% pure Narrow Leaf Eucalyptus essential oil steam distilled from the leaves of Eucalyptus radiata trees, Certified Organically grown in Australia. Eucalyptus radiata may be the Eucalyptus with the most broadly therapeutic action and a nice, bright aroma.
About the plant
A relatively smaller variety of this evergreen species, the 'narrow leaf peppermint' Eucalyptus is native to Southwestern Australia and only reaches a maximum height of 50 meters.
About the oil
This oil is light weight, clear, and slightly blue-tinted. It is steam-distilled from the leaves of Certified Organically cultivated Australian trees.
A common household remedy in Australia, the primary use of Eucalyptus essential oil is to support respiration by clearing any blockages or congestion. The oil and leaves of Eucalyptus are a traditional folk remedy in Australia: the leaves being smoked like tobacco to improve asthmatic conditions. It is also an effective insect repellent. It has also been used to fight infectious conditions accompanied by fever, including cholera, malaria, and typhoid.
Therapeutic Properties Described In The Aromatherapy Literature
Analgesic, Antineralgic, Antirheumatic, Antiseptic, Antispasmodic, Antiviral, Cicatrisant, Decongestant, Deodorant, Depurative, Diuretic, Expectorant, Febrifuge, Hypoglycemic, Paracitide, Prophylactic, Rubefacient, Stimulant, Vermifuge, Vulnerary.
- A recent study revealed the stimulating effect Eucalyptus oil has on the immune system. The oil worked to enhance the actions of white blood cells. This demonstrated one of the unique ways essential oils support human health - not through direct action as an antibacterial or antiviral (though this oil does demonstrate these effects) - rather it dramatically stimulated the phagocytic response of macrophage cells, meaning it enhanced their activity of attacking and destroying foreign pathogens in the bloodstream.
- Opens the bronchial area and encourages oxygen uptake; may be beneficial for asthma
- Aids in expelling mucus, and may be a supportive remedy for coughs, colds and all bronchial conditions
Muscles & Joints
- Helps relieve sore joints
- Quells pain from rheumatism, and arthritis pain
- Soothes sore muscles and minor sprains
Application and Use
Eucalyptus essential oil is incredibly versatile and may be used in a diffuser, or topically (diluted). You can also drop Eucalyptus oil on the side of your shower providing a steam effect.
Externally non-toxic and when in water dilution Eucalyptus oil is a non-sensitizing non-irritant. NOT FOR INTERNAL USE; ingestion of as little as 3.1oz has been reported fatal. If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, consultation with a physician is recommended.
- Oxides 83.92%
- Monoterpenols 12.45%
- Monoterpenes 3.62%
- eucalyptol 83.92%
- alpha terpineol 10.42%
- 4-terpineol 1.83%
- alpha pinene 1.75%
- beta myrcene 1.33%